Get ready for Salon Melbourne beauty industry! It’s the ultimate hair and beauty industry event where the best of the best come together to discuss techniques, products and unique services. If you love to be inspired and keep ahead of the trends then this is the event you will want to attend. It’s only for industry and entry is free. YES!
I attended the media launch of Salon Melbourne at the award winning Joey Scandizzo salon on Toorak Rd in South Yarra.
Let me tell you about the amazing beauty and hair industry professionals that you can learn from at Salon Melbourne if you are part of the industry.
– Joey Scandizzo is Hair Expos hairdresser of the year and has won a swarm of awards. If you don’t know who Joey Scandizzo is then I recommend that you Google him and then feel the shame that you didn’t know who he was previously. His salon is beautiful too. Joey created a beautiful rocker hair style as we wandered around his salon to see the other stylists.
– Frank Apostolopoulos of Biba created some edgy and extremely high fashion looks. The models looked slightly freaky but the artistry in his craft is certainly out of this world. Not your every day looks but if you were a musician or someone wanting to stand out – Frank would be your go to man.
– Caterina DiBiase of Heading Out Hair & Beauty demonstrated a beautiful hair style that would be perfect for the racecourse. Caterina is a style icon and created a style with long hair and I can assure you was absolutely stunning but I didn’t get a photo. She will give you a head start to glamour at Salon Melbourne.
– Lorna Evans of Lorna Evans Education showed us a dazzling hair style with long hair. There are not enough hairdressers out there who know how to manage long hair and create upstyles for formals and weddings in my opinion. Weddings are a huge market with $4.7 million spent in this industry a year. Hairdressers that can nail upstyles and long hair styles really can really cement their niche in this market. I have had some terrible upstyles and bridesmaids hair styles in the past so I really urge hairdressers that visit Salon Melbourne this year and take note of what Lorna has to teach you.
– Victoria Fox of Miss Fox day spa and her amazing manicurist were on hand to give us manicures with the latest trends in nails. One of the latest trends is a gradient effect and of course, being a girl, gradients of sparkling glitter really make for pretty nails. The Miss Fox day spa in Melbourne is one of the cities best locations for a fantastic primping session.
– Dr. Jean Laing founder of LaGaia Naturaceuticals took us through the brand’s signature spa treatments. LaGaia is one of the leading professional spa skin care products. They are pH balanced and make your skin feel like the day you were born. If you are the owner of a spa pay a visit to the beautiful Dr Jean and her team at Salon Melbourne.
– Jazz Pampling is a Sydney-based brow expert. I really enjoyed chatting with her and was thrilled that she took a look at my kooky brows to offer her advice. I have wonky eye brows, partly because of plucking too fine when I was 16 (should have listened to my mum and left them alone) and also partly due to just having a really weird missing section at the top of my brow that I’ve had since I was born. I colour gaps in my Italian bushy brows every morning and Jazz graciously took the time to colour them in for me and recommend a new shape for me to follow. Each face is different so she has some great tips for make up artists out there on creating the best arches and shapes. Follow the 2/ 3 rule for arches and don’t over arch eyebrows or you will emphases drooping skin in old age. Jazz was so friendly and informative so I really recommend that you see her demos at Salon Melbourne.
So if you aren’t from Melbourne hurry up and book your ticket to come!
Salon Melbourne is a trade only event running 14 & 15 April at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition centre. Entry is free to everyone in the beauty and hair industry just register at www.salonmelbourne.com.au