Regular exfoliation is so important for clear, smooth skin. I usually use a gentle beaded exfoliator but I have been told by some skin care professionals that I should use a fruit acid exfoliator for better results on my skin.
Maskd sent me some samples of their Green Mask that is made with natural ingredients here in Australia. It is designed to soothe damaged skin, reduce scarring, allow natural oil flow, moisten dry skin, cover blemishes and improves application of makeup.
In my experience, you only need a thin layer of the mask to do a great job.
- Clean your face with water or remove your make up.
- Put a small amount of Maskd on your face and avoid eye areas. See my photo below.
- Wait 10-15 minutes. You will feel a stinging sensation.
- Rinse off with water and a clean face washer
- Apply your own basic moisturiser and feel nice smooth skin.
You will feel the mask stinging your skin a little bit but it’s pretty mild. Any fruit acid exfoliator will give you a little buzz as it gently chews up the dead skin and damaged surface cells to expose the newer, healthier layer of skin underneath.
I thought Maskd worked well and felt comfortable using this 2 times a week even with my sensitive skin. The website says its like a mini microdermabrasion, however I felt it gave me the same results as a normal fruit acid or beaded exfoliation.
The Green Mask by Maskd can be found at leading beauty salons or you can purchase online at their website.